Massage at Bendigo Osteo
At Bendigo Osteo, we provide both Remedial (Deep tissue) or Relaxation (Soft Tissue) Massage. Our patient and therapist will decide together what is the preferred and the most beneficial treatment.
Therefore your massage could be Remedial in nature; including deep-tissue, stretching, myofascial trigger release, contraction tendon release or myofasical cupping. Or Relaxation in nature; including soft-tissue or hot stones. Usually you will have a combination of all these techniques. We can target specific areas of concern or give you a full-body overhaul.
How does Massage work?
Massage is the manipulation of the soft tissues in the body – the muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia. When we do this it promotes physiological changes in the body which results in a range of benefits.
The benefits include;
- Realign muscle fibres
- Re-lengthen muscle tissue
- Stimulate blood supply to tissues
- Enhance immunity
- Calm the peripheral nervous system in order to relieve pain
- Remove wastes and toxins
- Increased range of motion
- Increase kinaesthetic awareness of the body
- Provide relaxation
- Optimise general wellbeing
Common Conditions seen by our Massage Therapists at Bendigo Osteo include;
- Sporting injuries
- Muscle and joint stiffness
- Stress (Anxiety and Depression)
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI
- Muscle cramping and spasms
Unsure if you should see a massage therapist or osteopath? Check more information here Osteopathy or Massage?
If you have health care cover you may be able to claim your costs with Melinda and Julie.
Julie also works late on Mondays.
Furthermore we offer massage vouchers so you can treat someone special.
See treatment details for more information.