Massage at Bendigo Osteo
Remedial and Relaxation Massage
At Bendigo Osteo, we have a team of trained and experienced Remedial Massage Therapists.
We offer both Remedial or Relaxation Massage. Remedial Massage will include a range of techniques, including deep-tissue massage, stretching, myofascial trigger release, contraction tendon release or myofasical cupping. Relaxation massages include soft-tissue massage or hot stones. Usually you will have a combination of all these techniques. We can target specific areas of concern or give you a full-body overhaul.
So how does massage work?
Massage is the manipulation of the soft tissues in the body – the muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia. These tissues can hold tension from injury, stress or over use and therefore have an impact on other body functions. Our aim is to reduce this strain in the tissue. Massage promotes physiological changes in the body which results in a range of benefits.
The benefits may include;
- Realign muscle fibres.
- Re-lengthen muscle tissue.
- Stimulate blood supply to tissues.
- Enhance immunity.
- Calm the peripheral nervous system in order to relieve pain.
- Remove wastes and toxins.
- Increased range of motion.
- Increase kinaesthetic awareness of the body.
- Provide relaxation.
- Optimise general well-being.
Common conditions seen by our Massage Therapists at Bendigo Osteo include;Sporting injuries.
- Muscle and joint stiffness.
- Stress (Anxiety and Depression).
- Back pain.
- Neck pain.
- Muscle sprains and strains.
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI).
- Muscle cramping and spasms.
Unsure if you should see a massage therapist or osteopath? Then check more information here at Osteopathy or Massage.
Bendigo Osteo Massage Team
At Bendigo Osteo we have after hours appointments including Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings. See fees for pricing.
Furthermore we offer massage vouchers so you can treat someone special. Jump to our contact page and email us directly to purchase one.