Children, Teenagers & Osteopathy at Bendigo Osteo
Assisting Growth and Development Naturally
Wondering about Children and Osteopathy?
At Bendigo Osteo we love treating children and teenagers. It is a clinical focus of ours and we believe it is a safe and gentle manual therapy prefect for young bodies.
So how can osteopathy help with children? Throughout childhood growth and development, there are many strains on a young person’s body that may affect normal musculoskeletal development. These strains can be from trauma during pregnancy and birth, childhood accidents and falls, sickness, sporting injuries, poor posture or simply the young body’s rapid growth.
Our Osteopaths assist a childs/teens body to adjust to these changes and remove any associated strain.
Common Conditions that our Osteopaths at Bendigo Osteo might assist your child with include:
- Back pain
- Ear infections
- Musculoskeletal strains associated with: asthma, constipation, period pain, nasal congestion
- Postural problems
- Walking/Crawling difficulties
- Foot/knee problems
- Sporting injuries –Muscle strains and tears
- Repetitive injuries associated with swimming, tennis, and gymnastics
- Musculoskeletal trauma from falls
What will treatment involve?
Osteopathic treatment will involve taking a full case history, accessing the child’s movement or pain, and then providing manual therapy treatment. Treatment may involve stretching, articulating the joints, massage, and cranial therapy. Osteopathy for children is perform in a way that is gentle, and we try are best to ensure it is painless.
Important Booking Details –
There are some things to know when booking a appointment with our Osteopaths for your children or teenager at Bendigo Osteo.
- Please note a person under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult during treatment.
- Also, Children under the age of 5 years need to book in with Dr Matthew Moresi (Osteopath). Matthew has been providing treatment to young children and infants for over 14 years – he has also undertaken further study in paediatric care.
- As with all medical intervention, we cannot guarantee the effectiveness of Osteopathic treatment. For more information see Osteopathy and Research.